Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey - Volunteer Opportunities in Burlington County Region
At 20 locations across our state, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey annually makes a difference in the lives of more than 6,000 individuals. We offer diverse programs and services that target and address specific human care and housing needs.
Within the Burlington County region, we have numerous opportunities to serve seniors, immigrants, the hungry and the homeless. Volunteers are encouraged and welcomed at the many programs and locations providing services to those who are hurt, in need or have limited choices.
Gather your church group, your co-workers, or your friends and family and help make someone’s life a little bit better. Remember, to the world you are only one person, but to one person you may be the world.
We have listed only some of the opportunities that are consistently needed at the locations in the Burlington County region.
Moorestown, Lutheran Crossings Enhanced Living
• Lead an art class or a fun activity
• Play a musical instrument as entertainment
• Assist with transporting residents within the facility
• Ice Cream Parlor/Bistro Volunteer – Scoop and serve residents (7 days from 6-8pm)
• Volunteers to assist with feeding residents – Any day, Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner (we provide necessary training)
• Read to a resident/ Visit for chats
• Organize the library and take a book cart room to room with books
• Someone to deliver the mail & newspapers
• Van Driver
Burlington, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey
• Volunteer(s) needed to provide their coordination expertise during multiple gifts drives benefitting school age children throughout the year. Assistance needed for:
Back to School Backpack Giveaway
Easter Basket Giveaway
Christmas Gift Giveaway
• Virtual volunteers needed to use their skills and abilities from the comfort of their own home. Volunteers may be asked to assist with the coordination of fundraising drives or planning for charitable events throughout the year.
Sandy Relief Opportunities
• The recovery from Superstorm Sandy still continues. There are an estimated three to four years of recovery left and the hardest hit areas of New Jersey. To help stretch recovery dollars and serve as many as possible, please consider volunteering as a group or individual and participating in recovery or rebuild events. These events include home renovation, rebuilds, donations management, home outfitting, host site support. No specific skills are needed as skilled and licensed contractors are there to provide the proper guidance.
Camden, New Visions Homeless Day Shelter
• Volunteers needed to serve Breakfast and Lunch to patrons in Camden, NJ.
• Volunteers needed to stock and organize food pantry shelves.
• Volunteers needed to teach basic computer skills to patrons between 12pm and 3 pm.
• Various volunteer opportunities always exist. If you have a special skill or trade you can share or teach the patrons, we welcome your assistance.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Alex Elefante at firstname.lastname@example.org